Good Morning Friends! It is 5:30 am. I should be thinking about my trip to MX. since I am leaving early in the morning and haven't done a thing in preparation. :) Yet, here I sit, doing my blog. :)
This has been a great summer. One of the things I have enjoyed most is reconnecting with classmates to plan a multi-class reunion. I realize we all have different personalites and view different things as being important in our lives. I try not to be too critical when others think differently than me. That, in some situations is hard for me to do. For instance, I simply don't understand why/how people could not be interested in re-connecting with friends. When I began the process of trying to organize my classes' first ever reunion, I did not know the reception it would receive. It was a gamble on my part, one of possibly rejection, disappointment, etc...After all, apparently there had never been enough interest to have a reunion.
Anyway, this was so important to me that I wanted to give it a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Figured this was a great time to try to reach out to others, with the recent activity/interest in Facebook.
The few who have choosen not to participate may think, " I have friends. Does she need friends? I don't need this." Whatever... If this is your thinking, I'll just say, "Yes, you, believe it or not, are not the only person who has friends and a fullfilling life. Truth is, we all have made good friends throughout the years, but does that mean we don't need or want more, that we don't need/want to re-connect? Maybe some of us don't. That's a personality trait. I do, and I'm so thankful that so many others, by far the majority, seem to feel the same. I realize you can't make anyone want to do anything and truth is, who would want people around who really didn't want to be there anyway. Don't know why I'm rambling about this, because really, in the broad picture, those people are so rare. I will just say to the few nay-sayers that you are by far in the minority and whether you know it or not, you are missing out. Not trying to leave a guilt trip because that's impossible anyway with this type of personality. However, I must say, just as these types may appear to feel a bit superior, I feel sorry for them. I truly believe whether they know it or not, they are missing out.
Why do I feel this way? I know this because like the majority of my classmates, I have taken the other path. I have already been blessed because of that decision, and we haven't even had the reunion. My
risk and that of my classmates venturing out, have provided so much fun for me and others too, I feel. Not only were there so many people interested, but they are excited, eager to help! So many have stepped up to the plate. Things are going so well because of the efforts of so many. We are going to have a great reunion, but more than that, we are truly friends again, not just long-lost classmates. How cool is that! It's not just a reunion. It is an opportunity to re-connect and nourish childhood friendships and to maintain those friendships. Yes, I'm sure everyone has lives-even those of us poor souls who need a reunion-LOL. I'm not ashamed to admit I need a reunion. It is part of me and for that, and your friendships, I thank you. Love, Joy
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment