Thursday, September 16, 2010

grito de independencia 15 de septiembre 2010 bicentenario

Below, you will see a brief video. The first part is of beautiful places throughout MX. The latter part is President Felipe Calderon giving the traditional greeting for El Dia De Independencia. This is a tradition done every year, the evening of Sept. 15th, in Mexico City. The greeting is the same one given 200 years ago by Father Hidalgo when he was calling the people to rise up against the Spaniards. That first greeting actually took place at the church in Dolores Hidalgo, MX. This year was the 200th anniversary of El Dia de La Independencia. This short video only shows the greeting itself. Knowing this was the bicentenial year, I recorded the entire celebration which was shown on Univision. I wonder what our citizens would think if our president waved the flag and gave such a greeting. I'm afraid many would consider it hokey. I am very impressed by the pride of the Mexican people and their happiness in demonstrating patriotism.

It is really a shame that MX. does not receive as much positive media coverage as it has negative. There was no publicity about this celebration. Univision was the only channel which carried it. I guess many people would think it wouldn't be of interest, too bad. The celebration was spectacular, equivalent or better than any Olympic opening or closing ceremony I have ever seen. If you get a chance to view the parade, the music, dancing, raising of the statue, illumination of lights, (incredible illuminations of various forms and shapes), the fireworks, the entire celebration...in MX. City, you would love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment